Monday, December 13, 2010

In the MTC and loving it!!

OMGOSH THE MTC IS SUCH A BLAST I LOVE IT SO MUCH!! I'M GONNA [GAIN] WEIGHT BUT I DONT CARE CAUSE ITS SO MUCH FUN!!! WOOO!! haha the mtc is soo super fun! My companion is from Stephenville, Texas and and he plays sports so thats way good. I was excited about that. He's crazy smart! Everyone in my residience hall is smart, (and don't call them dorms, I guess some people get offended. . .lol)

Anyways the language is going great, I love it so much. Tagalog is such a beautiful language, and its way fun to listen to, I'm sending a letter that has some other stuff, too, so if I leave something out then you'll get it in my letter, so don't get discouraged.

We went to the temple today at 7 in the morning! Its so crazy how early I get up: 6:30, shower and toiletries stuff, then go to breakfast; then like 16 hours of class, and lunch and dinner and meetings and interviews and firesides and films... its crazy! Its only been 5 freakin' days and it feels like I've been here for weeks. . . and i'm gonna copy this letter to Cameron. . .sorry Cam I'm not sending you a letter. . .:( . .

Also, ya I saw Kirtley and no, Greg. I saw Elder Rodarte! That was super cool, and I got the dear elder letter and showed it off to all my other elder friends, and then the next day they all got packages and letters and stuff lol... but no big deal.

Oh and I won't be calling for Christmas, idk why... don't ask me. Oh, actually I do, a million missionaries and like 4 phones. . .so ya its crazy. . .but if you're gonna send a package after the 22nd, thats when they stop coming until like January, so if you do send one like a week or two early, just in case.

And my Companion Elder Taylor, hes way cool. Without him I would be way behind. He is such an example to me, even though hes 5'5 and 100 pounds. lol But its cool, I like him and Elder Bolen looks just like Cameron and sounds like him too, its way funny.

And then there's a guy from the RM where they are having the lesson, and the guy who has to give the lesson who doesn't have the lesson, asks the RM (Kirby), to read, and said "take your time"... Well, there's an elder here that looks like him! Just thought Id' tell you! haha

And man, the MTC here is super hard! Holy cow, I'm reading all the time, taking notes all time, gaining weight like none other! Its crazy, but its fun! I'm not really missing home too much because the people here are so inviting and accepting and everyone here encourages people so I've been having fun hours on end and I'm so excited to be here! And I talked to my zone president, or something... the guy in charge of all the kids. He said there's a good chance that Cameron can't come here, so I'll have to see him some time later. But if not, 4 years isn't that big of a deal lol.

Well I'm doing good here. Oh, send my big knee brace. My osgood schlotter is acting up. I bought a little strap thing here cause I could hardly walk, so ya. And Facebook, you can go on, but don't click on my friend requests and stuff so I can see how many there are when I come back lol!!

And my room buddies are Elder Hanson Bolen (looks like Cameron) and Taylor he looks like "House", on the tv series "House" lol! Its funny! Oh and Rosetta Stone sucked lol! Really, it did not help at all. The only thing I learned was colors, food, animals, and good morning....thats all I've used so far. Everything else, no. . .bad. . .and the letters? I'll get to em soon lol!! If i can find the cards lol!!

P-day so far is good. Just doin' my laundry and stuff right now. And I have to SYL (Speak Your Language) to everyone, then translate later if they didn't understand. So that's crazy helpful.

The pants didn't come so I'll check. I think they called my name, but wasn't sure, I was in gym. My teachers are amazing! I love em! Bro. Mansfield and Buchner, they are way cool. But I only got like a few minutes left, so I'll write next week!! Love ya all!!

Love Elder Halvorsen

Some Phrases in tagalo:

pinakamakapangyarihan, (all mighty), nakakapagpgbagabag, (bothersome), panamapalatayo, (faith). lol I say them everyday! haha But I'll write more in tagalog later! love ya all

No comments:

Post a Comment